Monday, January 4, 2010

The Plan

I started this blog with the intention of relating my experiences as an artist who began her career when there was NO computer art. I thought I'd let you know how long it took to even get used to the idea that an artist could use a computer as a TOOL. I certainly wasn't going to have one. I clearly remember the day I knew it was getting seriously close to changing that. I'd designed a logo for a horse boarding ranch. One of the younger boarders wanted to put it on a flag, so she asked me what "program" I used. I had no idea what she was talking about and she had no clue what I was talking about when I told her I did it with a Rapidograph pen. I suddenly realized I was an - Elder Artist.
Having a computer has been both wonderful and terrible. I can not tell you how many times my computer has come close to being upside down on my front lawn. I am slowly, slowly learning (sometimes against my will) to use it. I'm still using my pens, pencils, paint brushes, ink & water colors. It's SO much more fun! Anyway, that's what I was planning on blogging about.

1 comment: